Service description for: Scania Tachograph Services
Table of contents
Scania Tachograph Services
Scania Tachograph Services helps transport companies read data from their vehicles’ tachographs and inserted driver cards, and saves the information in a central database. The system supports remote, automatic uploads but data can also be uploaded manually by a workshop or the customer personally.
The system analyses the contents of uploaded files to detect infringements and supports a work process to prevent further infringements. The user can download the data at a later time if, for example, it is requested for a regulatory control.
Scania Tachograph Services offers a number of different service packages. Each service package contains one or more services. The table shows which features are available in the various packages.
|Feature/Service package||Basic||Remote download||Remote Download Plus||Company card hotel|
|Manual file transfer from computer||X||X||X|
|Data access through a web service||X||X||X|
|Remote download applications||X||X|
|Transfer of driver card information initiated manually in the vehicle by pressing a button on the instrument panel||X||X|
|Transfer of driver card and tachograph information automated and scheduled in accordance with applicable legislation||X||X|
|Adjustment of scheduled upload intervals of driver card and tachograph information||X|
|Central company card storage||X|
- Access to Scania Tachograph Portal https://digi.scania.com
- Manual file transfer: Manual transfer of driver card and tachograph files to Scania Tachograph Portal from your computer.
- Application for data download from driver card to computer.
- File store: Access to all driver card and tachograph files the customer has transferred to Scania Tachograph Portal.
- Calendar: Overview of completed and scheduled downloads of driver card and tachograph data. The calendar also includes company card expiry dates.
- Reminders: Option to receive SMS and/or e-mail alerts regarding the downloading of driver card and tachograph data when downloads have not been made on time. Option to specify the recipients of such information.
- Analysis: Generate reports based on data in driver card and tachograph files saved in the Scania Tachograph Portal.
- Infringement processing: Support to ensure that all infringements stored on the Scania Tachograph Portal are managed.
- Data Access: Access to driver card and tachograph data via web service integration.
In addition to the content of the Basic package, the following functionality is also included:
- Remote Download: A remote data transfer service that transfers driver card and tachograph data from the vehicle to Scania Tachograph Portal. The data is transferred via the local mobile network using the Scania Communicator (see Data management). The transfer of driver card and tachograph data is automated and scheduled in accordance with applicable legislation. The transfer of driver card data can also be initiated manually in the vehicle by pressing a button on the instrument panel.
- Application for the remote download of driver card and tachograph data
- Event log: Detailed logs of driver card and tachograph files transferred to the Scania Tachograph Portal.
Remote Download Plus
In addition to the content of the Remote Download package, the following functionality is also included:
- Option to adjust the scheduled download intervals of tachograph and driver card data.
- Tachograph data download can also be initiated manually via the Scania Tachograph Portal. Data downloaded from tachographs includes activities from the last 2 months and information about vehicle speed.
Company card hotel
In the Company card hotel service, customers’ company cards are processed by Scania via a third-party supplier in Germany. The service enables authentication with the tachograph for the remote download of tachograph and driver card files. Data is uploaded directly and stored on Scania servers for further analysis. The third-party supplier does not have access to the content.
A prerequisite for the Company card hotel service is for the customer to have at least one vehicle with the Remote Download or Remote Download Plus service, and the Company card hotel add-on. The customer also needs to set aside at least one company card for activation at the central card hotel in Germany.
Web service for Scania Tachograph Services
Access to the tachograph web service. One of the Basic, Remote Download or Remote Download Plus service packages is required. The information that can be read via the web service is described in detail on the Scania developer portal. The customer can contact their Scania distributor to access the web service.
Applies to the Remote Download and Remote Download Plus service packages.
Communication between vehicles or engines and Scania takes place between a Scania Communicator – a telematics unit (TCU) inside the vehicle – and a telematics unit outside the vehicle.
The telematics unit that Scania currently sells, the C300, is Scania’s third-generation telematics unit. Each generation offers more computational power, greater security and support for new generations of mobile networks. The C300 is fitted to every vehicle or engine, except for vehicles that do not have CAN network interfaces. The C300 consists of hardware connected to the vehicle or engine computer network. The C300 increases security and can connect to the mobile network and send encrypted data to Scania services.
The telematics unit inside the vehicle sends data to a telematics unit outside the vehicle using the mobile operator network. The mobile operator submits all traffic from Scania vehicles or engines over a private Access Point Name (APN) to protect the connection. All data transmitted over the mobile operator’s network is encrypted by Scania.
The telematics unit outside the vehicle is the first entry point at Scania for data sent from vehicles or engines. It is fully implemented in the cloud to offer the best possible performance, availability, security and scalability. The unit does not store any data, but forwards encrypted data to the service that the customer has ordered, such as the Scania Fleet Management Portal or the Tachograph Portal.
Data processed within Scania Tachograph Services consists of the following categories:
- Company card information
- Tachograph information
- Driver card information
- Driver data manually entered by the user on the Scania Tachograph Portal
Company card information includes: the card’s internal chip number, card number, company name and expiry date.
Tachograph information (binary format) in the tachograph memory includes:
- information about the driver card number, date and time when the driver card was inserted and removed
- first and last name of the driver card holder
- odometer reading when the driver card was inserted or removed
- vehicle registration country and number (workshop personnel enter this during tachograph installation and calibration)
- driver activity data, e.g. time and activity according to tachograph (driving, availability, work, break/rest)
- country of work day start/end
- vehicle speed details
Driver card information (binary format) in the driver card memory includes:
- the card holder’s first name and surname
- the card holder’s date of birth
- preferred language
- other information, e.g. issuing authority, issuing country, licence number
- special events; date, time and vehicle registration number of event (e.g. inserting driver card while driving)
- driver activity data, e.g. time and activity according to tachograph (driving, availability, work, break/rest)
- used vehicles (date from/to, vehicle registration nation and number, odometer start/end readings)
- country of work day start/end
Driver data that may be manually entered by the user on the Scania Tachograph Portal:
- expiry date of the driver’s driving licence
- driver’s phone number (used when the system sends delayed download reminders by SMS)
- driver language used for infringement reports
Company card hotel service
The third-party supplier of the card hotel service does not have access to tachograph information, driver card information or manually entered driver data. The only information shared with the supplier is the company card information, with the sole purpose of delivering the card hotel service.
When the customer cancels the subscription, all data from the supplier’s servers is deleted.
Additional information about the data Scania processes and why can be found in the Privacy Statement at scania.com.
Periods of storage
Tachograph information and driver card information transferred to the Scania Tachograph Portal is stored on Scania servers in Sweden for 7 years. Tachograph and driver card data in analysis reports is available on the Scania Tachograph Portal for 24 months unless otherwise stated.
Sending tachograph-related data
The Basic service package only has the option of manually transferring driver card and tachograph files to the Scania Tachograph Portal from a computer.
In the Remote Download service package, the transfer of driver card and tachograph data is automated and scheduled using Scania Communicator in accordance with applicable legislation. The transfer of driver card data can also be initiated manually in the vehicle by pressing a button on the instrument panel.
The Remote Download Plus service package has the option of adjusting scheduled download intervals of tachograph and driver card data. However, you cannot select download intervals more frequent than once a day. The download of tachograph data can also be initiated manually via the Scania Tachograph Portal and data is then transferred from the vehicle using Scania Communicator.
Data and information security
Scania uses various technical and organisational methods to protect data and maintain data security at a high level. Some of these methods are listed below.
- Encryption at rest (storage), encryption during movement, single- or multi-factor authentication
- Role-based access control
- Antivirus, malware protection, and firewall solutions with regular updates
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDA), data protection agreements
- Awareness and training
- Scania’s core values and code of conduct
- Information security instructions
- Penetration testing
- Supplier assessment
- Password rules
- Incident management plans
- Regular disaster recovery tests and plans
- Secure premises
- Access reviews and regular information security auditing
GDPR and the affected parties
Scania CV AB must comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the law on data security and privacy in the European Union. This is because the data processing is performed in Europe and the data being processed may be linked to a particular individual (e.g. driver or customer representative).
When tachograph services are delivered, there are a number of stakeholders:
- Scania workshop
- Scania Business Unit (Scania distributor)
- Scania CV AB (Sweden)
- Company card hotel supplier
- Digital tachograph supplier
- Analysis service provider
The following table shows the GDPR roles for Scania and other stakeholders per service. Please note that “Joint controllership” refers to the personal data controller, i.e. the person who according to Articles 4(7) and 26 of the GDPR determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. “Processor” means a personal data processor.
Stakeholders involved in the services and their roles in a GDPR context:
|Service||Customer||Scania workshop||Scania Business Unit||Scania CV AB||Digital tachograph or analysis service supplier||Company card hotel supplier|
|Basic||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Processor||Not applicable|
|Remote download||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Processor||Not applicable|
|Remote Download Plus||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Processor||Not applicable|
|Card hotel||Joint controllership||Not applicable||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Not applicable||Processor|
|Web service||Joint controllership||Not applicable||Joint controllership||Joint controllership||Not applicable||Not applicable|
Scania workshops are affected when:
- During a visit to a workshop, a customer asks for help in uploading files, for example when the customer only has a Basic package with manual transfer
- During a visit to a workshop, a customer asks for help clarifying a possible infringement or with troubleshooting.
A digital tachograph supplier or an analysis service provider is affected when Scania CV AB needs help with troubleshooting. In these cases, driver card and tachograph information can be shared for the purpose of analysing files from a troubleshooting perspective. When the issue is closed, the supplier deletes the files.
The Basic service package has the following technical requirements:
- Digital tachograph
The Remote Download and Remote Download Plus service packages have the following technical requirements:
Communicator C200 1.1 or later for automatic download of tachograph data
Communicator C200 2.1 or later for automatic download of driver card data
Stoneridge version SE5000 rev. 7.1 or later, or
Continental VDO version DTCO 1381 (1.3A) or later
Company card in combination with
a card reader connected to a computer with an internet connection, the computer must have the Scania remote download application installed, or
the Company card hotel service
Scania Tachograph Services are normally available 24 hours a day, with the following target minimum levels:
- 98% of the time
- Monday to Friday (except for Swedish public holidays)
- 08.00-17.00 CET (Central European time).
Calculation of availability
Availability is calculated as the total time of guaranteed availability during the period minus interruption time, and is stated as a percentage. Availability is calculated excluding maintenance time, i.e. maintenance is not included in any downtime. Maintenance time includes periods of planned actions that may affect availability, if required for technical, maintenance, or operational reasons. Availability is calculated per calendar month.
Scania has the right to undertake maintenance and other planned system-administrative measures which may affect availability of the service if they are required. Maintenance can be carried out for technical, maintenance-related or operational reasons. Scania makes the following guarantee for such periods:
- Scania guarantees that maintenance and other planned system-administrative measures that affect the availability of Scania Tachograph Portal will be carried out in such a way as to minimise any inconvenience to the user.
- Messages about maintenance and other planned system-administrative events will be published on the Scania Tachograph Portal as far in advance as possible. An exception to this is emergency maintenance that must be rectified as soon as possible.
Scania offers user support for Scania Tachograph Services on weekdays between 08:00 and 17:00 local time (this may vary from country to country). Please contact your local Scania distributor for more information about support opening hours.
If the customer uses tachograph data and/or driver card data for purposes other than complying with legislation on driving and rest times and the road transport working time directive, this is the responsibility of the customer and does not impose any obligations on Scania. Such other purposes may include, for example, salary or bonus calculations based on reported driving time, the calculation of travel expenses and other things.